Our vision is to see a South Africa where sex work is recognised as work
Sisonke is a sex worker lead non-profit organisation advocating for decriminalisation of adult consented sex work in South African allowing elimination of human rights violations and thereby affording sex workers; a key population an opportunity for full access to healthcare and equality before law.
Our vision is to see a South Africa where sex work is recognised as work,
and where sex workers’ health and human rights are ensured.
Our aim is to unite sex workers, improve our living and working conditions and fight for equal access to basic human rights. We know that united we will have a voice:
- We do not want to be labelled as criminals
- We want the laws to change
- We want our rights to be respected like any other person in South Africa recognised as work and a legitimate form of income in South Africa
- We demand the right to make a living
What we do
- We offer participation in advocacy, lobbying and human rights defense- join the Decriminalisation of Sex Work Campaign and add a collective voice for sex workers and the sex work industry
- Free legal and paralegal advice and services
- 24/7 counselling and referrals via our helpline 0800 60 60 60, or SMS “Please call me” to 071 357 7632
- We do outreaches consisting of health and legal services, distribution of condoms, safe sex and human rights literacy material
24/7 helpline 0800 60 60 60 SMS “Please call me” to 071 357 7632